Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WIAW 40: Tuna & Lemon Pasta

Hello everyone!

Linking up on this hump day with Peas & Crayons for some What I Ate Wednesday fun! If you are just popping in, check out my recent posts:

- Buying a gift for the men in your life
- Marathon training: Week 7
- Weekending {Gone with the Wind & a Sephora adventure}

My morning started out a little bit lazy. I was supposed to wake up and run four miles with AR, but I stayed in bed instead. Poor AR had to go without me, but in my defense, it was my first week off!

I prepped breakfast for us while he was running. I sliced bananas and peaches, topped them with plain greek yogurt, hemp hearts, chai seeds, and almond granola. SO yummy. This is becoming a routine breakfast over the summer and I love it. Of course, there was lots of coffee too.

I pulled my lazy self together and walked to the gym for a strength training session and my four miles. The weather was absolutely amazing - anything below 90 is incredible these days. I am not used to this cool weather, so I put on pants and a three-quarter length sleeved top. <-- I've lost my mind. 



For lunch, I had a quick wheat toast sandwich filled with peanut butter and more banana. Served with sliced carrots, bell pepper, and cucumber.



I quickly ran to meet up with a friend to prep for our interviews next week. We had a blast at Starbucks, where I enjoyed an iced soy latte (unpictured) and a granola bar. We did a bunch of research and went over some questions for a few hours, which was so helpful. Thanks Andrea!

I snacked on some chocolate protein fudge (recipe from the Fitnessista) while prepping for dinner. I picked up fresh tuna for a favorite pasta recipe.



This is loosely based on a recipe from Gwen P. I started by cooking a half pound tuna steak on the stove. After about 7 minutes over medium heat, I removed the tuna, added for olive oil, and sauteed a half cup of drained capers until crispy. Meanwhile, I cooked some whole wheat angle hair pasta in another pot. I removed the capers with a slotted spoon, then sauteed garlic in the oil. Once slightly brown, I added the juice of one lemon, salt & pepper, and red pepper flakes. I shredded the tuna into large chunks and added it to the oil, along with the crispy capers and pasta. I tossed it together and topped it with Parmesan cheese. Yum.

We enjoyed ours with grilled asparagus. AR loved the recipe and we will be making it again soon. (FYI, I've made this with canned tuna before and the flavor was still good. It made the dish much cheaper too!)

What is your Starbucks drink of choice?

x0x0, 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.