Monday, April 22, 2013

Finally Getting My Groove

Yesterday I did my weekly long run. I love Sunday morning long runs (I'll me honest, this was more like late morning), and this one was full of good things:

My new Garmin Forerunner 10 - I'm in love.

New Saucony running shoes in my favorite color (thanks Dad!)

This cute running partner ;)

Aaron and I did the first 7 through the River Oaks area of Houston, then he went back home and I did another 2 by myself. The weather was absolutely incredible and I was able to run the last three at an 8:30 pace, which made me happy. 

While I was running, I realized I have finally gotten my groove on when it comes to pre-run meals... I think. Anyone else struggle with this? I don't want to be hungry, but I don't want to be too full either. I did oatmeal for a long time, but I had to wait a while before I could run after eating it. Then I tried toast and peanut butter, but I think the peanut butter was too heavy. 

For my last few runs, I have eaten toast with sunflower seed butter and some banana. Its perfect! I also have a cup of coffee, most of the time. 

This week I had some decent mileage & workouts:

  • Monday - yoga class
  • Tuesday - 3.6 miles on TM 
  • Wednesday - 6.8 miles, arm workout 
  • Thursday - 4 miles of trails
  • Friday - rest
  • Saturday - 3 miles on TM, ab workout, legs & butt workout, 10 minutes of elliptical 
  • Sunday - 10 miles
  • TOTAL: 27.4 miles and 3 days of cross training! 


Anyone else have an awesome weekend run? 
What do you eat before you run? 

x0x0, 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.