Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Heart is in Boston

I am still shocked and speechless over the events of yesterday. I was following the Boston marathon all morning on twitter and was stunned when I heard the news. While these bombings are tragic for everyone, this seems especially hard for the running community. It feels personal. 

(Source unknown at this time)

I've talked about running the Boston Marathon for the last year. I've followed the training of the Neon Blond Runner and Ali at Miles with Style. Yet, that dream of running Boston seems different now. I continue to be heartbroken over the injuries and deaths of yesterday and inspired by the heroes and runners. Cori has a heart felt post on the events of yesterday, to which all runners can relate.

Today I laced up my running shoes and ran for Boston. And while I ran, I was reminded that running is a gift. Running has changed my life, left me empowered and a stronger person. Yesterday didn't ruin that. 
(source)

Sending love to Boston, 
Hannah 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including me in your post. I am so lucky to have found such an amazing blogger/runner community- we definitely do all stick together.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.