Monday, May 27, 2013

New Orleans Weekend!

Hello and welcome back from a long weekend. I took off on Friday, so I had a really long weekend and enjoyed every minute of it. A and i had the most amazing time visiting with family and exploring New Orleans together.

We have been to NOLA together before, but this time we planned a few different activities to try something new. We visited with family on Friday afternoon and then headed over to New Orleans, where there was a mix up with our hotel room. Due to an overbooking issue, we were gifted with a significant upgrade (I told A is was karma ;), clearly a sign about the weekend we would have. Here are some of our snapshots and memories from the last four days!

Happy to be celebrating Memorial Day weekend with my military man :)
A. may have been slightly embarrassed about the food I packed for the weekend. I come prepared with trail mix, protein powder, fruit, and nut butters. Hey, I like to snack!
Starting our Haunted History Tour. You can tell one of us was more excited than the other...
 We signed up for a Haunted History Tour of the French Quarters and didn't know what to expect. I was slightly concerned it would be a little hokey, but it turned out to be awesome! We learned a lot about the history of the city, as well as some incredible stories. A and I agreed it was a really fun experience.
Can I live in an apartment like this??

Oldest consecutive bar in the United States - serving since 1772.
Apparently it has some ghosts too.
 

And we found one!!! Just kidding #lovethisphotobomb
We ate dinner at this incredible restaurant called Eat, recommended to us by a friend/local. I loved the location and decor: it had wood floors, pale blue walls, and brick accents. It was also BYOB :) We enjoyed traditional southern soul food, including friend green tomatoes, greens, and chicken and dumplings.


The next morning, we walked down to Cafe Du Monde for the classic beignet and cafe au lait, which we enjoyed in Jackson Square.
 

After some shopping and walking, we met up with a friend for brunch at Stanley's, right in Jackson Square. I had scrambled eggs, wheat toast, and Cajun potatoes. A. had poached eggs with fried soft shell crab and oysters - only in Louisiana!
What a view!

On top of all the walking, we ran 10 miles on Saturday morning and did a major gym session this morning. I had to balance all that southern food! We continued to enjoy the city and I was sad to come back home this evening... what a perfect weekend!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend. Thanks to everyone who serves, we are so blessed.

x0x0,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.