Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIAW #11: simple meals

Happy Wednesday! A and I are heading to the beach tomorrow for a few days, so I am busy baking cookies (brown butter choc chip!) and prepping healthy goodies to take on our trip. If you are just popping in, be sure to check out:

- Lately: Long runs, hush puppies, and bikinis.
- My rough training week.
- Fourth of July fun!

Now, onto What I Ate Wednesday. Thank you dear Jenn at Peas & Crayons for hosting. Be sure to check out her blog to learn more about WIAW and link up to other bloggers :) Now, on with my eats!




Breakfast: Protein pancakes via the fitnessista. These pancakes contain protein powder, whole wheat flour, egg whites, and milk. I topped mine with banana and maple syrup with was so yummy. Having protein pancakes feels like a treat, but treats my body like a good meal. Sometimes I add in cocoa powder or peanut butter to the mix, which is also yummy.

Lunch: Post workout, I made a yummy salad with leftover whole wheat pasta salad, greens, cucumber, and bell pepper. I ate this with a juicy peach and a few pretzels.

Snack: After running a million errands to mail birthday gifts, pick up moving stuff, etc. I was starving. I grabbed these new pita crackers at TJ's and had them with almond butter and a greek yogurt.

Dinner: Quiche! A and I whipped up a whole wheat crust, filled the quiche with kale, mushrooms, and goat cheese, and served it with a simple salad and fresh pineapple. I love quiche as a filling but lighter meatless option. I am not sure I love kale as a filling though. It seemed a little strong to me, which is weird because I am OBSESSED with kale. Who knows, maybe I didn't cook it enough. Either way, it was yummy but not my best quiche.

Dessert: A ran to the store and came back with this amazing double chocolate cookie (I love a man who brings back treats). I drank some decaffeinated green tea with it and enjoyed it immensely. Yum.

What sweet thing do you like to end your meal with?

x0x0, 
Hannah 

2 comments:

  1. What did you think of the TJ pita crackers? I basically live on their foods, however, I haven't tried those crackers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live off TJs too- I think switching from WF to TJs cut my grocery bill in half.
      The crackers are yummy- def a welcomed change from my normal wheat crackers! You should try 'em :)

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.