Monday, January 6, 2014

Drop Biscuits and Lentil Soup (I'm cold!)

I am so cold. Today was the first day of class for the semester and I thought class should be cancelled. Unfortunately, no one else did. Maybe tomorrow.



At least  I put dinner in the crockpot this morning before I left. I used this recipe for lentil and sweet potato soup and it was so yummy! A friend from school recommended it and I am so glad she did. I love coming home and knowing dinner is already cooking.


I served the soup with my favorite drop biscuits. I made them before and had some requests for the recipe, so here it is! In that post, I made them with white flour and parmesan cheese. Tonight, I made them with half whole wheat flour and mozzarella cheese. I asked AR which type was better, and he said he liked both, while buttering his third one ;)




Cheesy Drop Biscuits
Makes 6 medium sized biscuits

Ingredients
1 c. flour (white or half whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 c. buttermilk OR yogurt thinned out with milk
1/4 c. canola oil
1/3 c. shredded cheese.

Preheat oven to 450*. Mix dry ingredients and cheese together until combined. Mix oil and buttermilk together. Gently mix together the liquids and dry ingredients until just moist.
Drop into 6 rounds on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until light brown. Serve immediately!



Stay warm, friends!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.