Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Recap & Alma Cocina!

Monday is baccckkk! Another week and this one doesn't look like it will include snow days. sad. 

This weekend was just what I needed. On Friday afternoon, I worked on school stuff until AR got home, and then we went to dinner at Alma Cocina downtown. 

AR and I kept saying that we never go out downtown. We always go to Midtown, Buckhead, of the Highlands area, so Friday we made reservation at this Latin food spot. We were absolutely NOT dissapointed, the food was amazing. 


Our server, Ryan, took the time to explain the menu options and the whole, organic ingrediants used in each dish. I love feeling like the server knows the menu and loves the food. 


We started with Sangria for me and a margarita for AR. We also split the queso fundido with grilled veggies. The homemade chips were amazing. 

We then shared the grilled chicken cazuela, which was a hot pot of grilled chicken, roasted veggies, and a spicy sauce. We enjoyed this with corn tortillas. On the side, I had the braised greens and white beans. 

Both dishes were excellent and full of flavor. I also appreciated that they didn't taste heavy or greasy. The veggies were cooked perfectly and the chicen was full of flavor, but the corn tortillas were the star of the show. There is something about perfect tortillas that makes my heart happy :)

Afterwards, we headed to to the Atlanta Skyview, which is a huge ferris wheel downtown. We walked there from the restaurant and there was no line. We received the tickets from AR's work in December, so it was a fun free date night event!



The little pods were heated and contained only us. Because the lines were short, they let us go around 8 times. We loved seeing the city from up high and taking in the sights. I absolutely recommend this as an awesome way to see ATL. 

On Saturday I attended an amazing conference where I got to meet Lilly Ledbetter. What an HONOR!! She was incredible and I enjoyed hearing her story in person. In between sessions I studied (i know, I am boring), and worked at school for a while in the afternoon. 



AR and I spent Saturday night at Target and West Elm looking at furniture. We are so exciting. We followed up the shopping with take-out greek food and catching up on Nashville. Love him for watching this with me. 



Sunday we bought a COUCH! I am so excited to have our new leather sofa from West Elm delivered in a few weeks. I cannot wait.  We also got new curtains and had brunch at West Egg, followed by a good workout and the Superbowl. 

Some weekends are just what you need!
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.