Friday, May 16, 2014

5 on Friday - ice cream and eye cream



It is another 5 on Friday and I am excited to be linking up with the new mommy over at North Carolina Charm, Natasha, and friends :)

1. My baking is getting out of control. 
Thank heaven I start work on Monday, because my kitchen is over flowing. Yesterday - with a cookie in his hand - AR asked that i stop baking sweets for a while. Apparently my love of cookies is becoming too much. Who ever heard of such a  thing?
So I baked this rustic bread instead of cookies!



2. I found a solution for those sweets. 
I went to Whole Foods and grabbed some ice cream. And then I got too embarrassed to be checking out with only ice cream at night, so I went back and grabbed a bunch of frozen fruit for smoothies (Pathetic. What a solution).
And then I made ice cream sandwiches!!! This is my go-to when the counter gets filled with treats, because they last well and are less tempting when they are in the freezer.
I stuffed these chocolate-peanut butter swirl cookies with vanilla ice cream, then individually wrapped them in plastic wrap and froze. I also ate one. Yum.



3. This eye cream is amazing. 
Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
I grabbed this Mario Badescu eye cream at Ulta the other day. I had actually planned on buying it as part of my summer beauty haul, and then Ulta was giving away a free sample of it. I was so glad to try it before buying.
The stuff is amazing! No less than 3 people have told me I look like I am so "happy and glowing". I'm giving Mario Badescu the credit :) Bonus: It is only $18 a jar.

4. This weather...
Is ruining my running. On Wednesday, I did 4 miles at an 8:30 pace and felt like I was sufficating in the heat and humidity. Then yesterday I went out and nearly froze. And then it started raining. I cannot keep up with this weather. I feel like I am basically always dressed inappropriately.

5. Clothing Swap.
I've cleaned out every cabinet, shelf, and closet over the last 2 weeks. I filled several give away bags and numerous trash bags. This weekend I was invited to my first clothing swap, which is the perfect home for some of my give-away clothes! Of course, I restocked my closet at the outlet malls last weekend, but I can always make space. Have you done a clothing swap before?

Have an awesome weekend!
Hannah 

6 comments:

  1. You're as bad as me with sweets! I just wish my husband ate them so I'm not just baking for myself! Love the ice cream sandwich idea! Have a great weekend and check out the giveaway on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same- I get irritated that he is not helping me eat them, lol!

      Delete
  2. ooo those cookies look so good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been off work for two weeks and my baking is reallly getting out of hand as well. And seriously, before I read this post, next on my list to make? Ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookies. Oh yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to make some! So amazing, and such a pretty treat. Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  4. Yum - those ice cream sandwiches look delicious!!! Thanks for the tip about the eye cream...I've been on the hunt for a new one lately.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.