Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekending: So many adventures

Hello! I'm happily weekending with B Loved Boston and Champagne & the Suburbs (haven't checked out their blogs? you are missing out!). 

This weekend was filled with lots of fun, food, and running. It started on Thursday evening. This was my last week at work, so I went out with drinks with several of the interns from my summer internship. Did I ever mention that I was the only female intern this summer? I was. Thus, I felt compelled to order a serious cocktail while out with the guys. 

This beauty had jack daniels, ginger ale, honey syrup, and bitters. It was yummy and way too strong. 

Friday was a bittersweet last day - I had such a wonderful summer! AR and I stayed in and started the weekend with a trip to Whole Foods (always). We made an amazing dinner at home with fish, swiss chard, brown butter almond sauce, and steamed cauliflower. 

I slept in on Saturday and then headed to the gym for a 7 mile pace run. AR and I are working on negative splits, so my legs were pretty done at the end. I met up with a friend for a bit, and then took a girls trip to SEPHORA!


Can. Not. talk about how much I love Sephora. We were in there for like 2 hours (I was late for dinner with AR - oops). I tried these new goodies:

1. Urban Decay make-up setting spray. I have seen this several times on Jaclyn Hill's you-tube channel (love her!), so I wanted to give it a shot. I tried in on Friday night and loved the way it made my makeup look.
Urban Decay - All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray 
2. ExfoliKate: I've loved this product for a while now. I ran out of it about 6 months ago and I'm not sure why I took so long to replace it. It does amazing things for my skin. You can get a small bottle of it at the Sephora check out counter for $20 and it will last for a few months.
Kate Somerville - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
3. Jose Maron light argon oil: I got a sample of this product and tried it last night. It really absorbed quickly and left my face feeling amazingly smooth this morning. So far, loving it. 
Josie Maran - 100 percent Pure Argan Oil

Friday night was an even that had been on my calendar for a month! AR purchased tickets for us  to see Gone with the Wind at the Fox Theater. This theater is where the film originally premiered and the movie was celebrating its 75th anniversary. I was so excited!



The movie was wonderful. AR had secured ideal seats. We snacked on popcorn and m&ms while enjoying the film, which is very long. Poor AR wasn't aware that he had signed up for that long of a film! We didn't leave until almost midnight, after almost 5 hours at the theater.

Sunday. You know the drill: long run
14 miles to be exact. 14 very hot, very sunny miles. Glad that is done. 

The evening ended with frozen yogurt. My local organic frozen yogurt shop has a new flavor: ALMOND BUTTER FROZEN YOGURT!!! AR thought it was too strong, but I thought it was perfect. 

What is your favorite frozen yogurt flavor? 
Have you seen Gone with the Wind? Did you make it through in one sitting? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.