Sunday, August 10, 2014

Marathon Training: Week 10 (lets be flexible)

10.

TEN.

10 weeks in, about 10 to go. Marathon training is getting real. This is the point in training when I eat like a cow all of the time. It is almost embarrassing, but not quite.

This week was a pull back week - after running 14 miles on our long run, and then 15, this week was shortened. Here is what my week looked like:

Monday - rest
Tuesday - 4 miles on the TM
Wednesday - rest (stolen from Friday to push my other runs back. I had a really long day scheduled). 
Thursday - 5 miles
Friday - 3 miles. This was suppose to be 4 miles, but I made the poor choice to go running outside at about noon. It was so hot and humid and I was miserable, so I wimped out and went home. :(
Saturday - rest, for the first time in 10 weeks!!!!!
Sunday - 10 very very humid miles.

This week got a little jumbled due to scheduling, but I got almost all of the miles in. Sometime life gets hectic and it is important to move with it. I've learned to make it work most of the time, but also to be real. If Wednesday goes from 7am-9pm, switch it with Friday's rest day!!

Sure, plans are designed to flow a certain way. That is why I stick to my plan almost all of the time. But plans aren't perfect. Sometimes life happens and we have to go with it. 

I didn't leave for my long run on time on Sunday, which meant I had to suffer through some hot and humid miles, complete with off-and-on rain. By the time I got home, I had no energy or appetite. I just wanted a shower and water.

Not looking forward to this week of running, I'll be honest. I am running 8 miles at pace on Saturday and 17 on Sunday. This is not my idea of an excellent running plan for Atlanta in August!!!

x0x0x, 
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.