Monday, September 7, 2015

Still Weekending {9/7}

Hey friends, linking up with Biana for some weekend fun.

The weekend is still here! I consistently imagine what my life would be like if every weekend was a long weekend. Actually, who am I kidding? Every weekend is a long weekend for me this semester! #thirdyearlawstudent

Friday started with a 2.5 hour walk with my sweet friend Neha. We met at the park in the morning and walked forever. It felt great to catch up and enjoy the sun. I ran to meet AR for lunch (smoothie for me, sandwich for him), and then went to a yoga class. This yoga class was new to me, and I didn't like it as much as my regular studio. But it was still good :)

Friday night we ate at Victory Sandwich Bar. If you are in ATL, you need to try this spot. We normally visit their Decatur location, but they just opened a spot closer to us.

Any place that has cheese popcorn as an appetizer is a Friday night win in my book. THe entire menu is small sandwiches and salads. We had popcorn, mini sandwiches, pickles, lady pea salad, and cocktails. My cocktail was some combination of gin and white wine and lemon. Oh, and we split a fresh chocolate chip cookie. Dessert always.


Saturday was breakfast at home, a ridiculous workout at Stellar Bodies with my friend (and bridesmaid!) Andrea, followed by a study session for the entire afternoon. We ran errands in the evening and came home for some football and dinner.


The menu: Mini turkey sliders served on baby dinner rolls and topped with grilled mushrooms and cheddar, twice baked potatoes, and salad.

Twice baked potatoes are a favorite of mine and so easy to make. I've shared my recipe below :) Sadly, our LSU tigers never got to play due to weather. This was disappointing, but we watched the Alabama game instead.



Sunday morning we spent all day hiking at Tallulah Falls State Park. We walked the trails and then went down the 1099 steps to the bottom of the gorge and had a picnic lunch. Here, I promptly took a bite of AR's chocolate protein bar and proceeded to have an allergic reaction. I'm terribly allergic to cashews, which are apparently in Chocolate Cupcake Luna bars. I barely ate a bite and immediately spit it out, but the damage was done. As a child, this would have required a trip to the ER and an EPI pen shot. As an adult, my reactions seem a bit milder. I can take tons of benedryl and usually be okay.



The miserable part of this adventure was having to hike up the 1099 steps again to the top after this ordeal. It was horrible. I slept the whole way home, except for a small pit stop at Dairy Queen that AR woke me for.

We are still weekending today, though most of the day will be spent studying. I'm hoping to watch some T.V. tonight. We just started watching True Detective (season one) and we love it. Anyone else watch this show?

Do you have any allergies?
What did you do this weekend? 

x0x0, 
Hannah



Twice Baked Potatoes 
8 servings

ingredients
4 baked potatoes, cooled
1/2 c. sour cream
1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
1/4 c. chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350*.
Slice baked potatoes in half long ways. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the inner potato pulp, leaving behind a thick shell, about 1/8 inch thick. Place the pulp into a food processor and blend with milk and sour cream until well blended. Add in the cheese, green onions, and salt and pepper. Pulse to combine.
Gently fill the potato shells evenly with the filling. Top with more cheese, then bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Turn the oven to broil and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Enjoy!

Tip: Scooping the shells can be tricky! Don't get greedy and scoop out too much, than can lead to tearing the skin. Leave a 1/8 inch border around the edge to keep the shells from breaking. 

1 comment:

  1. Those potatoes look super tasty! I watched the first season of True Detective this past winter and was instantly hooked...you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.