Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Skinny n' Sweet Mug Brownie!

I caved. I have seen countless recipes on blogs and pinterest for mug treats. I've never tried one. I've never even pinned one! On Monday I had a ridiculous sweet tooth and NO hot chocolate (my go to sweet), so I gave in.

Of course, I couldn't pull up a pinterest recipe or anything normal like that. I had to make one up myself and incorporate some yummy ingredients and protein. The result was the perfect gooey brownie texture and taste!

Note: I did use real sugar in this recipe, but feel free to use a replacement sweetener. Let me know how it goes next time you have a sweet tooth!


Skinny n' Sweet Mug Brownie
Serves 1

Ingredients
2 Tbs. whole wheat flour
1 Tbs maple sugar (or brown sugar)
1.5 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
1.5 Tbs protein powder (optional)
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs. plain non-fat greek yogurt
1 Tbs. almond or soy milk
1 Tbs. chocolate chips

Combine the dry ingredients in a large mug. Add wet ingredients and stir well. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and and microwave for 90 seconds. (Watch closely, mine almost went over the top of my mug!). Let cool briefly and enjoy!

x0x0, 
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.