This time around, I am really working on fueling properly. I read up on fueling choices and started testing my options early. Here is what I tried and here is what I thought!
1. Water Bottle: LOVE my new Nathan waist pack. This thing has saved my life in the heat and humidity! I don't know that I will race with it, but I love having it for training. For shorter distances, I like this option also.
2. Cliff Shot Bloks: These were a no-go. I did not like the texture or the taste. I tried the red ones and didn't even finish the pack. Not good.
3. Jelly Belly Sports Beans: I have used these for a while and like these. I am not sure that they provide the fuel I need for really long runs, but I like the texture and taste, plus they are small enough to just have a quick bite. I have tried a million flavors, but orange is my fav!
4. Honey Stinger Waffles: These are really yummy, in my opinion. I love the chocolate one and A likes the vanilla. They are too dry for me to enjoy while running, but I like the pre or post run. A, on the other hand, LOVES these and eats them while he runs. I know, it is weird, but he swears by it.
5. Honey Stinger Energy Chews: These are my favorite! I love these things! My favorite is the Pomegranate Passion flavor, but lime-aid one is yummy too. They make me a little thirsty, so I would recommend having water near when you take them. I do like the fact that they have a soft texture and are easy to chew and swallow while running, which is hard to find.
How do you fuel?
Do you carry water while you run?