Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Favorites

Welcome Friday, we have missed you! In keeping with Natasha over at Hello! Happiness, I wanted to share some things for which I am thankful.
 
one. Family.
This is exactly how I would look with blonde hair and blue eyes.
 
Living away from may family has really reminded me how much I love them. There are weeks when my mom and I talk every day. While I won't be spending this thanksgiving with them, I am so thankful for them! It is a shame we have to spread ourselves out across several states and countries (I am looking at you, Jesse. Get yourself back to the USA ;))
 
 
two. AR
He even moved with me. Who would do that?
Last night I was chatting AR on the phone while I was eating dinner (this is our date night. jk) and I told him "I just miss you sitting next to me when I study". Sappy, but true. I have no clue what I would do without him. He did the long-distance thing with me for 2 years. Then he moved across several states with me. He's trained for two marathons with me and crossed the finish line next to me in 6 races. We've taken road-trips, spent holidays with each other's family. We survived the first year of teaching, new jobs, and now law school together. He is a keeper.
 
 
three. Baking
 
Don't laugh. Baking is my refuge. It is how I relax and decompress. It lets me feel creative and productive after a day of reading cases from a textbook. I'm thankful for something that takes me away - and my mom for answering my questions. I cannot tell you how often I call and say "why do you this x is happening?" or "I don't have x, what can I use instead?". Bless her heart.
 
 
four. Running
 
I am so sore right now, it actually hurts to sit (tough yoga class + running + not recovered muscles). And yet I am still thinking about how much I'd like to go running.
Running makes me feel successful when everything else is a mess. I know that if I put on my shoes and keep running, I will get better. Few things in life are that simple.
 
five. Friends
I am off to Nashville this weekend to visit one of my dearest friends, Kathryn. We lived together in D.C. about 5 years ago and always pick up where we left off. We've both finished college, worked a bit, and are now plugging away at graduate school. I am so lucky to have friends to cheer me on, make me laugh, tell me I am crazy, and encourage me when I need it.
 
I am also linking up with Heather at Housewife Glamour. Be sure to stop by and catch her fall favorites!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hannah  

2 comments:

  1. hi from the linkup, cutie! love your thankful heart!!!! my sweet fam was in my linkup today too. great minds..;)
    happy friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for commenting! Your family is so cute!

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.