Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Recap: Nashville and a half marathon

Nashville
 
I explored the city for the first  time this weekend and had such a blast! Sadly, I did not see any of the characters on Nashville, or Luke Bryan. But I still had fun :)
 
 
 
All of my classes were canceled on Friday, so I did my Monday reading, baked some bagels, and headed to Nashville to visit my friend Kathryn. We met in D.C. in 2008 and have been friends ever since. We've survived college, Teach for America, jobs, public policy school, and several moves together. Aren't friends like that amazing?
 
On Friday night, we ate dinner at the Listening Room Café. The live music was amazing and I was in country music heaven! We walked around Broadway Street after dinner, and then went back home
 
It was soooo cold. In the 30s. I was wearing 3 layers.

Saturday morning was Kathryn's first half marathon. I don't know who was more excited - me or Kathryn! I planned to pace her for the last few miles (I didn't register for the race because it was so close to the Atlanta Marathon). After cheering her on at the start line (at 7am), I went to Starbucks to study. At 8:30, I put my books away and stood at the corner to meet her.
 
She started crying when she saw me - bless her heart! I grabbed her arm and together we flew through the last miles. She was amazing and even sprinted in the last bit. What an awesome first half!
 
We enjoyed Nashville for the rest of the weekend, including my first experience with gooey butter cake and pumpkin sangria. After a long walk on Sunday morning, I left for the drive back to Atlanta.  
 
 
 
I came home to fresh fall flowers and homemade gumbo. Is my bf the sweetest of what? He even found chicken andouille sausage for his non-pork-eating gf :)
 
Tomorrow morning I head back to the grind. Let's hope I can survive the last few weeks of class before finals!
 
How was your weekend?
What's your favorite weekend destination spot?
 
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.