Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Monday Night Dinner Win

So lets talk about Monday nights.

I usually fail at real meals on Monday nights. I take AR to the airport at 5:15 in the morning on Mondays, schlep through 3-4 classes, go to the gym, and then come home to shower, make dinner, and read for my Tuesday classes. I will be really honest: sometimes, I shower at around 5:30 and put on my pjs. Yep, it happens (perks of being by yourself: no witnesses).

Then I make dinner, read and read and read. If I am really lucky, I catch up on Revenge or Nashville on DVR and hit the sheets by 9:30pm. I am an old lady in a twenty-something body.

You try making sense of this while reading cases!
Last night I was actually successful in having a real meal and nice evening. AR spent an extra day at home, so I had to pretend I was normal on Monday evenings. I had plans sit on some phone interviews from 6:30-9:30, so I wanted dinner ready by 6:30. I walked to the grocery store after class, and came home to start dinner.



With AR's help, I made roasted spaghetti squash, homemade marinara sauce, turkey meatballs, steamed broccoli, and garlic bread. And we actually enjoyed it without books in front of us. I felt like a rock star. And it was yummy! Last time I made spaghetti squash, it wasn't my favorite, but this time we loved it. Cooking takes practice, I guess :)

I'll share the sauce recipe tomorrow. It is one I have been playing with and it is AWESOME and so easy.

Have a happy Tuesday!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.