Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Baking Fail.. and Christmas Eve :)

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!
 
I hope your holiday travels are/were safe and your holidays are starting well. Yesterday, AR and I drove to Louisiana to see his family. We had a fun drive (I love road trips), complete with spicy mochas from Caribou Coffee and lots of Christmas music.
 
Prior to leaving for our trip, I did some major holiday baking. Remember my list on Friday? Well, it didn't go exactly as planned. The sugar cookies were lovely, and chocolate covered pretzels are already being devoured. The candy cane blossoms? That was another story.
 
 
 
After a busy trip to the gym (note the sarcasm), I went home to make my last type of cookie. The recipe instructed me to roll the cookies into crushed candy canes, then bake them before pressing the kiss into the center.
 
Imagine what happened when I put the candy cane covered cookies into the over. The candy cane melted, the cookies spread, and it was a MESS. I pulled one pan out and had to chip the cookies off. I finally gave up and poured boiling water on top to melt the whole thing again so I could clean it.
 
I readjusted the recipe by just sprinkling the top with candy cane. If you have any suggestions for how to fix it, let me know. I wrote an e-mail to Taste of Home, so maybe they will tell me what I did wrong :)
 
 
 
Hope your baking is going better than mine! If it isn't, don't worry. It happens :)
 
x0x0
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.