Monday, June 23, 2014

Marathon Training: Week 3

Marathon training is at week three!!

This week was so much better than last week, thank goodness. We ended up repeating last week's runs because AR was so sick last weekend. This is why we have a buffer week in the plan, right?

Here were my workouts:
M - yoga and a walk
T - 3 miles (too lazy to check my watch for the pace)
W - 5 miles at a 9 min pace
Th - no run because of my stitches :(
F - rest
S - 5 miles IN AWFUL HEAT
S - 9 miles at a 9:49 pace

I had a great run on Wednesday morning before work and a dermatologist appointment. I ended up getting a biopsy done, which meant I couldn't run on Thursday morning due to stitches. I was really disappointed, but it happens. AR got all of his runs in, so he was happy.

We went our for an amazing dinner on Friday night, so our Saturday run got started a little late. It was SO HOT and HUMID. I really thought I was going to die. We finished at the farmer's market and I chugged a mango smoothie faster than you can say "hotlanta". AR says I also complained the entire way, which is probably completely accurate, haha.

I headed out for a shopping trip on Saturday afternoon and spent 5 hours of my feet. This was fun, but I started to worry about my poor legs when I got home.

Sunday's long run was perfect. It was hot and hilly and humid, but we didn't really have to stop at all for lights or anything. I didn't have to walk on any hills. I was so so happy with the outcome. We did an out and back route for a total of nine miles. Most of the miles were at about a 9:40 pace, but we had one at 10:00 because of a ridiculous hill. Overall, an awesome finish!



Chicago, get ready :)

Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.