Saturday, August 2, 2014

Weekend Eats: Lima Bean Hummus!

Hello everyone!

I popping in over the weekend to share an awesome recipe from Friday night: Lima Bean Hummus!

I saw a container of this at Whole Foods last weekend and it got me thinking. I had a rather large bag of frozen lima beans in my freezer that needed a home. So I decided to attempt the hummus.

After looking at a few recipes, I combined two, using this one from Food & Wine magazine, but adding some fresh parsley.

I boiled the beans for 20 minutes, rinsed them in cold water, and them blended them with lemon, olive oil, garlic, and parsley. The result?

A fluffy, garlicky green dip that is awesome on veggies or chips.

Lima Bean Hummus
Makes about 2 cups

16 ounces of frozen lima beans (just over 2 cups). thawed
2 cloves of garlic
1/4-1/3 cup of olive oil
zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
4-5 springs of parsley, stems removed
1 teaspoon of salt
fresh black pepper

Boil lima beans in water for 20 minutes to soften. Drain the beans and cool. Meanwhile, zest lemon and combine with lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt & pepper, and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Start with only a quarter cup of the olive oil - you can add more if needed. Blend the ingredients until combined. Add cooled beans and blend until smooth, adding more oil if needed. Enjoy with chips and veggies.
Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

x0x0, 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.