Today for my Five on Friday post, I am sharing 5 things I loved about 2014 and 5 goals for 2015. 2014 was a crazy year - I cannot believe all that happened!
Favorite Moments of 2014
1. Getting engaged - Cannot wait to marry AR! You can read more about our proposal story here.
2. Running the Chicago Marathon and getting a PR. This marathon was great - despite the fact that I lost AR pretty early on and had to finish by myself.
3. Finishing my first year of law school - this was such a challenge. Right now, I am half way done. Woo hoo!
4. Loving my summer internship - and know I was in the right place. I spent a summer working at a government agency and learned so much about the practice of law. But the best part was realizing that I loved the work I was doing. Switching from being a full-time first grade teacher to a law student has not been easy, but I know it is the right choice.
5. Joining the Junior League of Atlanta. I haven't blogged about this much, but the JLA has been such an important part of my year. I have made new friends and found new connections in the city. I cannot wait to move from provisional to active member and get my full time placement this spring!
Five Goals for 2015
Motivation is different the second year, but I am working hard to stay focused this year.
2. Plan an amazing wedding that reflects our personality, and not get caught up in all the stress and details.
You can read about our venue here... I am in love with the place!
3. Run 3 races + another marathon.
I am running a 10k in March, and would like to do another 5k and a 10 miler. AR and I are discussing possible fall marathons and I am trying to be realistic about marathon training and wedding planning. We will see!
4. Manage my shopping spending better.
I am very financially conservative, but as AR and I plan for our future, I want to limit my Target binges and get more use out of the items in my closet.
5. Limit my sugar.
If I were to grade my eating, I would say I do pretty well. I hit 7 servings of fruits/veggies most days, I stick to whole grains when I am at home, and I follow a mostly plant based diet. My downfall? SUGAR! I LOVE sweets like no other. This year I want to limit my sugar intake and find healthier ways to bake my favorite treats :)
What are your goals for the new year?
Thank you for hosting Five on Friday, ladies!