Friday, February 20, 2015

5 on Friday {3/20}

Linking up with Natasha at Hello Happiness for some Friday fun!

1. Back home.
After being gone for 9 days on a trip to Chicago/Milwaukee/Madison, it felt so good to wake up in my own bed on Tuesday morning. I love to travel, but I miss the routine and comfort of my own home. I get sick of living out of a suitcase and miss my own bed, my shower, and my closet full of clothes :)

2. Favorite dinner this week. 
I have eaten this meal twice this week and I am obsessed. We sautéed jalapeños, peppers, onions, and garlic, then added ranchero beans and crushed tomatoes. On monday, we ate this in tortillas and last night, I enjoyed it as a burrito bowl, topped with sautéed zucchini sour cream. '

I plan to try this recipe for a grain bowl this week. Love Smitten Kitchen :)



3. Not favorite dinner this week. 
I shared earlier in the week that I was doing a juice detox following my indulgent trip to Madison. This was not my favorite. It ended with exhausted hunger and an allergic reaction. Not fun. The next day I modified and added fruits, veggies, and almonds. Thank god that is over.

If you are looking for some new snacks to add to your diet, check out my post from this week - I even shared where to score the best deal on organic snacks and baking needs!

4. Bridesmaid dresses. 
It wouldn't be 5 on Friday if I didn't share something about my wedding preparations (will this become 4 on Friday after August? I don't know). Anyways, while in Chicago, two of my bridesmaids and I had a blast trying on dresses at Nordstrom's Wedding Department and Bella's Bridesmaid. I am heading to Bella's in Buckhead this afternoon to narrow does our dress selection and hopefully place an order!! Ahhh!

5.  Weekending. 
My weekend plans are not too exciting. Tonight AR and I are exploring the Streets of Buckhead with another couple. I am hoping the line at the new Georgetown Cupcake is not too long. While I have been to the original, I have not visited the new location here in Atlanta. And we all know I love a good cupcake! I am helping host a conference tomorrow that I am really excited about and then studying all day Sunday. What are your weekend plans?

x0x0, 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.