Monday, June 8, 2015

Weekending... lately {6/8}

Happy Monday gang! I've missed posting my weekend for like THREE weeks in a row - fail - so this is more of a "weekends of late" post than one weekend.

I should start by saying that this weekend was gloriously boring. AR went on his bachelor party to New Orleans and I had a wonderful time staying home alone.
I ordered hummus and soup from my fav takeout place on Friday night, opened a bottle of wine, and had some excellent RHWNY binge watching. I did an early morning long run on Saturday all by myself. I finalized wedding details. I went to lots of yoga classes. It was great.

But on to more exciting weekends...

{5/22-5/24} Savannah 
AR and I went to Savannah two weeks ago for our engagement photos. We absolutely LOVE our wedding photographer and can't wait to get the photos back (check out her work - is is amazing!).
We stayed on the river front, which was absolutely perfect.
AR organized dinner on Friday night, and we enjoyed
an amazingly decadent meal at Vic's 

One of the locations we shot at on Saturday morning
{Wormsloe Plantaiton}

Another gorgeous location shooting location
{Forsyth Park}

Exploring on our own after the photo shoot. First stop? brunch!

Day trip to Tybee Island for some beach time.
It was absolutely gorgeous weather. 


Story behind the trip: We were scheduled to take photos on either Friday night or Saturday morning. I was hoping for Friday night because of lighting, so AR left work early and we headed for Savannah around 1pm. Normally, this ride takes us 3.5 hours. But, traffic and construction were a MESS and we drove for almost 7 hours. It was honestly so terrible.
I called Jennifer almost in tears and she was so sweet to reschedule with us for the next morning. Bless her heart! We started at 8am on Saturday to get some good lighting, and it still turned out great, thankfully :)


{5/29-5/31} Chicago & Cake Tasting
I started a new job at the end of May. I am summering at an awesome firm and it is a dream come true to work there. I started my training in Chicago on Memorial Day:

Chicago River on my first night in the city

This view is everything

Then of course, when I got back, we did some cake tasting... I will be blogging about our cake selection process this week!
Starting from the top: strawberry, Kentucky bourbon, red velvet, champagne.


AR always likes cream cheese frosting :)

Too many flavors to name!
Highlights: almond, cream cheese cake, chocolate chip, lemon, and marble.


What was the best wedding cake you have ever tasted? Flavor? Icing? Filling?
Where did are/are you taking your engagement photos?

x0x0, 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.