Sunday, July 20, 2014

Marathon Training: Wk 7

Hello and Happy weekend lovelies!

I'm sharing my training week with everyone - can you believe I am at Week 7? The fun never ends (Actually, it did end, last weekend at mile 7).

This week was a lighter week. My plan goes Build - BUILD - Pull back; this week was the pull back and I was ever thankful. The second BUILD weeks are getting hard, so this weekend felt much lighter.

M - cross rest. My legs hurt really bad, so I skipped barre3 for a rest day.

T - 3 miles outside before work. About a 8:50 pace. 

W - 5 miles on the treadmill at a 9 minute pace

Th - 3 miles outside. No idea what the pace was because my Garmin was taking forever to find its satellite and I ran without it. In true runner fashion, I know the 1, 1.5, 2, and 3 mile marks from every direction of my home.

F - rest, but LOTS of walking. I walked home from work, to a museum, to dinner, and back home for a total of 4 miles.

S - 6 mile pace run. I did a half mile warm up, 5 miles starting at 8:50 and moving to 8:20, and a half mile cool down. This was hard because I was feeling lazy, but Sex and the City was on at the gym, so I was happy :)

S - 9 miles. This was under a 10 mile pace the whole way and my legs felt so much stronger than the week before! AR's legs were hurting, but he did his pace run much faster on Saturday.

No Barre3 this week - I went out on Thursday night instead of going to my usual class. Sometimes my legs need a break! Not looking forward to this weeks runs:
Monday - cross
Tuesday - 4
Wednesday - 7
Thursday - 4
Friday - rest
Saturday - 7 pace
Sunday - 14

Ugh. 

How was your long run? 
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Please comment and include your blog so I can visit.